- your rights in relation to your personal data under relevant data protection laws.
- explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data
- our policies for retaining personal data.
We’re making these updates to clarify why we use your information and ensure that we remain transparent for you.
- Sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you
- Explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- Explains how long we keep your personal data for
- Explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data
- Sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data
- Explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested
- Explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
- Explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
What information does KES Solutions UK collect about me?
KES Solutions UK collects some or all of the following depending on what you share when you apply for a role with us or register your details: your name, email address, telephone number, postal address and any other information stored on your CV.
How do we use your personal data?
Information which you supply to us maybe used in a number of ways, for example:
- To establish whether you are suitable for any of our roles
- To inform you of of any roles which we feel may be relevant to you
- To pass on to potential employer’s but only after gaining your permission to do so
How long do we keep your personal data for?
36 months from last contact unless you have unsubscribed; in this case data will be deleted within 48 hours
If you have previously worked for us as a Temporary Worker your data will be kept for 7 years.
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Our Payroll Services Provider if you are a Temporary Worker
- Prospective employers (only after gaining your permission)
We have never sold personal data to a third party and we never will.
What legal basis do we have for using your information?
Our processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in order to be able to source suitable roles for you or deal with any job applications on your behalf.
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
If you do not provide the personal information we need we may not be able to help you find suitable employment. However, you have an absolute right to object to any processing of your data. If you ask us to stop processing your information or object in any way we will remove you from our system other than the case you have worked for us previously. In this situation we hold your data for 7 years but you will not receive any further communication from us.
Do we transfer your data outside the EEA?
No, we do not transfer personal data out of the EEA.
What rights do you have in relation to the data we hold on you?
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. You have the right to obtain confirmation that we are processing your data and to obtain access to data we hold on you.
You can request information verbally or in writing. This will be provided free of charge. However, there will be a charge of £25.00 when a request is: manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive, or for further copies of the same information (that’s previously been provided).
You will be provided information within one calendar month of requesting it. For complex or numerous requests this may be extended by a further two months however you will be notified in this situation.
If the request is made electronically, we will provide the information in a commonly used electronic format.
How do I delete my personal data from KES Solutions UK?
You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word unsubscribe in the subject line requesting we remove all your details from our records. We will also require your name and either date of birth, National Insurance Number or email address. Only in cases where you have worked as a temporary worker will your information not be deleted immediately.
How will we contact you?
We may contact you by phone, email or social media. If you prefer a particular contact means over another please just let us know.
How can you contact us?
If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your information, or have further questions on the processing of your personal data, contact Kelly Swann or email at email@example.com