Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is an administrative role supporting the Engineering Manager and Service Project Manager. The main tasks of the job will be to create BOMs on the company’s new ERP system and to help manage the administration side of engineering projects, from the beginning to the end of the process.
This will involve ensuring the correct BOM is available in a timely manner to enable other departments to be able to provide customer quotations, to purchase supplies and to begin manufacture. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have worked in a manufacturing company, preferably engineering, with an understanding of ERP systems, bills of materials and all associated engineering processes. As this is a new role, we would expect that the role will develop over time as the implementation of the new system gains pace; as such, the successful candidate will be expected to suggest improvements and streamline tasks where appropriate.
• Inputting Bill of Materials (BOM) from Excel spreadsheet to ERP system, accurately and on time
• Preparing customer reports
• Arranging transport with customers and suppliers
• Working closely with other departments, eg Purchasing, Estimating, Production
• Other general admin when required
• Experience of ERP systems
• Engineering/Technical Background
• Flexible – able to implement change and suggest areas of improvement
• Fully conversant with MS Office, particularly Excel.
• Honest, reliable and punctual
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts unfortunately we are not always able to provide individual feedback. If you don't hear from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities in the future.