Our client is a leading supplier of confocal and super resolution imaging solutions to the global life science community. Over the past twenty-four years the company has established its presence in the market as an innovator, supplying prestigious institutes and pharmaceuticals with leading edge imaging solutions.
Short Job Description: The successful candidate will join a small group of scientists and engineers and will become a key member of the team. Their individual responsibilities will include the maintenance and development of control and acquisition software, using C++/Java, firmware (C/C#) and design of PCB’s for hardware control and communication, alongside aiding in system integration and system development.
Working Hours- Full Time / Part time considered.
Main Duties of the Role:
• Write new hardware drivers for 3rd party software applications
• Fix existing firmware and driver bugs
• Develop basic system control PCB's
• Develop system control algorithms
• Manage existing IT systems
• Work with other engineers on R&D projects for new system development
• Work with customers on applications development
• Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
• Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
• Preparation of user manuals and engineering documentation
• Maintaining and updating the web site
Education & experience-
Education to degree level (2:1 or higher) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or other suitable Engineering discipline. Russell Group University preferred
Experience in writing C++ code, Java, Python, embedded C, and development of MFC applications
Experience in electronics, including PCB design and test as well as detailed knowledge of modern computer architectures
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts unfortunately we are not always able to provide individual feedback. If you don't hear from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities in the future.