We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Health and Safety Coordinator to work with our client in Hartlepool.
- Provide information, advice and guidance to site personnel regarding Company Rules and Health and Safety Legislation
- Manage the emergency evacuation procedure ensuring that the statutory requirement to administer fire drills is met
- Organise safety training courses e.g. Risk Assessment, Hazard Substances, Fire Safety, Manual Handling etc
- Confirm that the company Risk Assessment schedule is met by undertaking auditing, and providing support, guidance and advice where required and through monitoring and reporting on levels of compliance by department.
- To ensure that the company procedure for conducting and updating COSHH/MSDS records is met by undertaking auditing, and providing support, guidance and advice where required and through monitoring and reporting on levels of compliance by department.
- Complete safety inspections on a regular basis and to design and manage an in house safety auditing system for inter departmental safety audits
- Liaise with external government bodies such as the HSE, Insurance Company and the Fire Department
- Manage accident investigations on site including offering assistance and support to Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers as part of the investigation process to ensure lessons learnt are widely applied across the business.
- To organise and chair safety meetings on a regular basis across site ensuring the involvement of both Management and Shop floor personnel as appropriate.
- Identify requirements for occupational health testing and pass information to HR to ensure that appropriate health screening and medical records/documentation are maintained.
- Undertake noise testing around site and create a log of testing results by area
- To place purchase orders for and issue PPE, ensuring that adequate records are maintained and that employees sign for receipt of all PPE supplied.
- Co-ordinate activities to fully integrate key Safety and environmental elements into our day to day operational activities based on the objectives and strategic direction of the organisation.
- Maintain HSE Schedules and compliance calendars, ensure activities occur to maintain compliance
- Ensure HSE reviews are integrated into the Management of change process
- To manage and update the company’s Environmental Manual and Procedures
- Accomplish and update the company’s Environmental Manual and Procedures.
- Implement continuous improvements to the Environmental Management System to ensure
- Must be NEBOSH General Certificate qualified or equivalent
- Must be PC literate (Excel and Word)
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication skills at levels within an organisation
- Must have in depth knowledge of 8D Root Cause Analysis, Knowledge and experience of ISO 14001:2015 requirements and implementation
- Minimum of 3 years operating within a Health, Safety and Environment role
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts unfortunately we are not always able to provide individual feedback. If you don't hear from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities in the future.