We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced manual machinist with supervisory experience to join our client based in Consett. This is a full time permanent vacancy and will be responsible for the running of a small machine shop team.
Hours of works will be 7:45am – 4:15pm Monday-Thursday / 7:45am-1:15pm Fridays.
- Supervising 5 people
- Turning/Vertical boring to drawings, general tolerances +/-0.1mm
- Final machining of products to drawing, tolerances 0.02mm
- Milling , both horizontal and vertical, working to similar tolerances as above
- Final fitting and dressing of components prior to dispatch
- Must be a time served Engineer/Machinist/Toolmaker
- Well organised and disciplined in your work
- Must be able to read engineering drawings
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Flexibility and understanding pressures of delivery is essential due to the demand of clients in breakdown situations
- Previous supervisory experience would be beneficial
- Experience of tolerances and using both metric and imperial measurements is beneficial
- Knowledge of geometric tolerances is advantageous
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts unfortunately we are not always able to provide individual feedback. If you don't hear from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities in the future.