We are delighted to be able to offer this excellent opportunity to work at one of our clients based in North Shields. We are looking for time served Fabricators/Metal workers to join an existing team at a family run company that has a rich history in the local area. Benefits to the role include; a cycle to work scheme and employee discount scheme plus 31 days holiday per year.
Overtime is often available paid at an enhanced rate. This vacancy is temporary-permanent for the right candidate.
Working in a busy engineering environment you will be required to fabricate and weld products, often bespoke designs as well as repeat orders. Working with Stainless and Mild Steel and Aluminium materials. Suitable candidates will be competent using a Press Brake, Guillotine, and several hand tools to shape and cut materials. The ideal candidate will have a working background in the fabrication industry as a fabricator. Understanding engineering drawings and schematic diagrams is advantageous. Duties will also include on site installations and MIG welding.
- Time Served apprenticeship in metal fabrication or equivalent
- Experience in metal fabrication and welding
- Understanding of technical drawing and be able to work off plan
- MIG Welding skills
- Being able to prepare materials
- Forklift C/B License and experience of operating trucks would be advantageous
- CSCS card
- TIG Welding experience preferable but not essential