KES Solutions have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Plant Manager. The main purpose of the role will be to plan, direct, and monitor production, process technology and logistics activities to ensure safety, regulatory and schedule compliance. Responsible for optimising the transportation and distribution of raw materials and finished products.
Main responsibilities include:
- Manage production at plant according to set budget, targets and specifications.
- Liaise with functional or other operational area managers to understand current and future needs and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing operations activities.
- Develop and implement schedules, procedures, product and site processes and allocate labour and capital resources to maximise productivity and ensure availability level.
- Responsible for performance improvement; safety and environment; analysing production, managing LEAN projects, skill and competence development; maintenance and maintenance investments and inventory records to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Plan, prioritise, and manage operations processes (e.g. production, planning, delivery, inventory) to minimise disruptions to production schedules. Lead, direct, evaluate and develop a team of operational professionals to meet the sites established standards and targets. Co-ordinate recruitment and training of all direct reports, ensuring records are maintained to demonstrate the skills and competence of personnel involved in plant operational activities.
- Conduct performance and development discussions providing coaching and guidance as appropriate.
- Develop, implement, and monitor all logistics management activities efficiently, including inbound and outbound logistics, factory-to-factory logistics and inventory location network.
- Manage logistics activities and resourcing to maximise the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organisation's supply chain.
- Ensure transportation and terminal safety and legal compliance.
- Develop and implement logistics plans, schedules and procedures.
- Contribute to ongoing relationships by supporting sourcing manager with major service providers (for example transport and forwarding companies) to minimise costs and ensure the organisation receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Effectively manage and develop own team knowledge, skills and performance.
- Participate in the SHE process as a job requirement and a condition of employment.
- Ideally the candidate will have a Chemical background with an engineering qualification with previous management experience.
- NEBOSH or nationally recognised safety certificate
- Experience in a similar role is required
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts unfortunately we are not always able to provide individual feedback. If you don't hear from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities in the future.