KES Solutions UK Ltd is working on behalf of our client who is looking to add a Process Technology Chemist to their team. You will be based at their site near Hartlepool, working a day shift. Your role will be to work as part of a team responsible for process development activities on new projects. Ensuring that you meet site safety standards and no lost time accidents or major incidents impacting on the site’s operation. Ensuring that you meet regulatory and customer quality requirements relating to ISO9001, ISO14001 and where appropriate, cGMP.
Duties of the role:
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are met including (but not limited to) workplace organisation, work instructions, risk assessments, and control, COSHH assessments, housekeeping standards.
- Ensure that the laboratory working area is maintained in a safe and tidy fashion, ensure audits are up to date and participate proactively in Department Safety Meetings as well as safety observation program
- Carry out process research and/or development activities to ensure the process is well understood and scaleable with respect to safety and quality.
- Provide technical support when processes are introduced to the plant, including preparation of documentation such as (not exhaustive) process outlines, material safety data sheets (MSDS), raw material qualification, Product Master List (PML), Process data Package (PDP), Operator training, participation in design review and HAZOP’s.
- Be responsible for day to day planning of own work as required to meet project objectives based on scope provided by the Group Leader; keep the Group Leader updated on progress.
- Act as the contact point for other departments on technical issues on new project introduction
- Prepare for and participate as required in technical meetings with customers and act as a contact with the customer for technical issues on projects
- Contribute to meeting departmental budget targets
- Liaise with other functions such as Operations, Quality, EHS, Analytical and Engineering on chemistry/processing issues.
- Work, as directed by the Group Leader to ensure external customer requirements are met.