We are working on behalf of our client in Sunderland who are looking to add a Production Engineer to their team.
In this role, you will be working between both the shop floor and office. The shop floor side will involve assembling company products, soldering and R&D work whilst the office side will be liaising with the Director and finance department. This will involve the contacting of suppliers if a product is late or to chase up any enquiries which could impact the time scale of a product. They are happy to consider candidates who have a degree in any engineering discipline and ideally, some industry experience.
You will need to be a problem solver, able to think outside the box and demonstrate ideas.
Main Duties of the Role
- Follow production procedures to assemble, test and quality systems
- Feedback to engineering on improvements to electrical, electronic, mechanical or optical design to minimise production time for all products
- Update procedures where necessary to improve production time
- Work with other engineers on R&D projects for new system development
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Manage scheduling of production builds
- Preparation and maintenance of production documentation
- Provide both remote and on-site support for existing customers
- Customer applications development
- Liaise with various members of the team
- Ordering of stock and putting it into plan