We are working on behalf of our client in Sunderland who are looking to add a Production Engineer to their team. This is a full time, permanent role offering a competitive salary.
In this role, you will be working between both the shop floor and office. The shop floor side will involve assembling company products, soldering and R&D work whilst the office side will be liaising with the Director and finance department. They are keen to see candidates who are educated to degree level or equivalent and have experience working in industry.
You will need to be a problem solver, able to think outside the box and demonstrate ideas.
Main Duties of the Role
- Follow production procedures to assemble, test and qualify systems
- Feedback to engineering on improvements to electrical, electronic, mechanical or optical design to minimize production time for all products
- Update procedures where necessary to improve production time
- Work with other engineers on R&D projects for new system development
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Manage scheduling of production builds
- Preparation and maintenance of production documentation
- Provide both remote and on-site support for existing customers
- Customer applications development
- Liaise with various members of the team
- Ordering of stock and putting it into plan – this will involve the contacting of suppliers if a product is late or to chase up any enquiries which could impact the time scale of a product. .