KES Solutions UK Ltd is working on behalf of our client in Sunderland who are looking to add a Production Engineer to their team. In this role, you will have responsibilities in both R&D and Expert Assembly (EA) of precision optics departments.
The R&D work will involve hands on design of the company’s leading edge opto-Mechanical systems, managing and constructing optical prototypes and liaising with the management team in order to ensure on time delivery of R&D projects whilst the EA side will involve hands on supervision of small batch manufacturing, ensuring on time delivery and on site installation of high end systems to customers’ specifications.
Candidates will need to have a degree in an engineering discipline and have some experience in precision optics, optomechanical or optoelectronics together with some industry background.
The company is a pioneer in their sector and have history of introducing patented, highly sophisticated systems to their market and therefore you will need to be a problem solver, able to think outside the box and demonstrate creative ideas in a highly technical field. The role will involve international customer contact and ability to communicate with an international audience is highly desirable.
Main Duties of the Role:
- Participate in and supervise R&D projects
- Contribute to and follow systems’ procedures
- Participate in and supervise system’s improvements to minimise production time/costs
- Provide both remote and on-site support to existing customers and the Dealers’ network
- Liaise with suppliers and qualify new suppliers
- Education to degree level (2:1 from a top University preferred) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering or Physics.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- IT literate