KES Solutions UK Ltd is working on behalf of our client in Newcastle upon Tyne we are looking for an Senior Software Developer to join their team.
This is a permanent post, offering a salary of £35,000-£40,000 per annum depending on experience.
As Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for the development of existing and future products, focusing on innovating and commercialising new concepts and providing technical support for existing and new products.
Duties of the role will include:
- Full life cycle software development in line with current projects
- Maintain Source control according to company standards
- Review and understand all current systems, internal and outsourced
- Producing detailed specifications and writing high quality code by utilising the latest engineering best practices and tools
- Develop user interfaces with consideration for the interaction between users and process
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live, in accordance with QA standards
- Preparation of training manuals for customers and internal staff
- Maintaining systems once they are up and running
- Provide technical support to both customers and employees for issues escalated from the technical helpdesk
- Improve and develop test, installation and commissioning procedures.
- Understanding of control engineering and control systems
- Integration of new features into existing systems
- Create and maintain software development standards
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment