We are working on behalf of our client in Gateshead who are looking for experienced Test Engineers to join their team on a permanent basis. The main duty of this role, is to confirm products are correctly built and conform to test procedures. This will include programming a range of processors.
To be considered for the position of Test Engineer, you will need to have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Fault find down to component level
- Understanding of digital & analogue electronics
- Experience using Microsoft products
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Understanding of power electronics, (motor drives and inverters)
Duties of the role:
- Be able to perform tests based on set procedures and recommendation for improvements in the efficiency of testing.
- Fault find down to component level aided with circuit diagrams.
- Assist team members with fault finding and the development of new products.
- Maintain test equipment used to interface product under test.
- To maintain an awareness of all company products and development.
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures.
- To adhere to all quality standards e.g. Failure reporting systems.
- Design and build test equipment required to improve testing efficiency of the Companies products.
- Actively follow the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and safe systems of work, and be responsible for your own health and welfare, working with colleagues to ensure that the working environment is safe. This includes following instructions and actively participating in training and development to ensure compliance and best practice in this area.